Monday, September 8, 2008

I went to California, and then I saw the statue of liberty

No seriously, I did. On Sunday I went to the Misawa Air Festival. The Misawa Air base is US territory, so techincally I was on US ground. Unfortunatley the weather was bad, so there was no planes flying. But tons of Americans. Instead went went sightseeing. We went to this park that was the same latitude line as the Statue of Liberty in New York, so they built a miniature sized Statue there!! It was so cool. We went to the mall too, and almost saw Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea. Too bad for you guys, I get to see all the good Japanese movies before you. So there. I won't understand them (yet) but I will have seen them. I've been having an awesome time here, and I hope it only gets better. The people are all so amazing and helpful and patient. I've eaten so many different and new foods. I just had natto (なっと) yesterday. It is a sticky bean paste made from fermented soybeans. It smells funny, but it really healthy. It was pretty good. My grasp of the language is getting better too. I've joined the archery club at school, and I am going to start an English club with my English teacher. I've been keeping busy, and having a lot of fun. Don't know what else to say. If you want me to tell about something, please comment or email or whatever. 舵誇太

1 comment:

  1. Hey DK, that's pretty sweet. I'm pretty jealous :P

    Btw, we're going to want a picture of you (probably with friends as well, whatever you want) for yearbook, 'cause we're gonna do another foreign exchange page. So I'll let you know when we need it by, but just reminding you so we don't forget. Good luck, we're missing you.

    ReplyDelete