Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I can`t remember anybody`s names!!!

Well, I`m almost done with my first day of school. To say the least, it has been interesting. There are only 100 or so students! Everybody is helping me out, showing me around, saying, "nisu to meetu you" and "my name is yadayada" It is very hard to remember them all. Right now is a computer lab block, and they are all working on a project they did over the summer. I`m pretty much lost for most of the classes (except in music class; we are watching The Sound of Music -- in English!). I have a variety of classes: math, health, PE, geography, computer, music, chemistry, food design, Japanese lessons, and I`m helping teach some English classes. I`m glad that my homeroom teacher is the English teacher. Tomorrow, I am going with Taneichi-san to buy my school uniform. I want to see more of Rokkasho, because I hear that it is really pretty and interesting. I have to go now, sayonara!!!!! ダコタ

6 comments:

  1. great! at 1:45 am I can email you while at work. whats it like to be in school in the middle of the night? tell me what your are eating!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures! Don't forget to take lots of pictures.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh Dakota, that's so awesome!
    I miss you already. D:
    At least you have some people around who know English, lol. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dakota,

    Sometimes I can't remember names and I'm in America!!

    How's your stomach?? Maybe we can "stream" some of the youth nights to you and you can show them to your friends there. (Start your own youth night with your pals in VT as the main attraction - even if they do not get the Christian concept they'll at least have a reality TV show that will be interesting!!)

    School starts today. End of summer. We'll keep you posted on "Youth Life" in Vermont......

    Fr. Steve

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you made it okay. Keep writing!!!! I know you will do great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. freakin aye, koda. im so incredibly jealous of you right now. i bet your having an amazing time right now - your blog is inspiring me! I have one as well that your older bro made for me http://travel.innovatedeviate.com/
    check it out for some new zealand thingies. anywho, im def. gonna keep me posted on your life! =)

    ReplyDelete